Investing For Income
At IAM, we believe fixed income is an essential part of a well-balanced portfolio because an income portfolio provides your clients with:
- A regular and stable income with scheduled interest payments throughout the life of the bond (provided the issuer does not default)
- Attractive yields above bank cash rates^
- Capital preservation as the issuer returns the principal of a bond at maturity (provided the issuer does not default)
- Diversification across different markets and asset classes
- Liquidity as bonds are tradeable instruments.
Our Adviser Service
The IAM Adviser Service enables you to actively provide fixed income to your clients. With IAM you will receive:
- An expert IAM Capital Markets relationship manager who only deals with advisers, we don’t contact advised clients
- Portfolio construction, optimisation, and ongoing support
- Access to in-demand new issues (primary market transactions)
- Secondary trading/liquidity to assist with balancing your investment portfolio
- Access to external research from BondAdviser − Australia’s leading corporate fixed income research provider
- Credit opinions and expertise from our experienced credit strategy team
- Custody and online reporting through IAM Capital Markets
Direct Access to Bonds
At IAM we buy and sell bonds every day. We focus on providing advisers with a broad range of fixed income investment opportunities, including:
- Access to over 350 small parcel bonds, available in parcels of $50,000
- Australian dollar and global currency investments
- Government/State government, corporate, property, and financial sector issuers
- Investment grade, sub-investment grade, and non-rated issues
- Over-the-Counter (OTC) securities and ASX-listed
- Loans and ASX-listed hybrids
IAM Model Portfolios
Our investment grade model portfolios are built for investors looking for predictable income during high inflation and rising interest rates
Access Market Leading Credit Research
Providing informed investment decisions for your clients is vital for advisory practices
IAM’s Credit Strategy team provide Credit Opinions, Trade Ideas, New Issues and Thought Pieces throughout the week and is accessible from our Research Hub.
In addition to our in-house research, we also provide access to BondAdviser, Australia’s only specialist external fixed income research platform. BondAdviser’s unbiased weekly and monthly research includes valuable information and clear investment recommendations for ASX-listed interest rate securities, and a broad range of over-the-counter (OTC) corporate bonds and credits.
Meet the Adviser Team
Jenna joined the team at IAM after working at UBS, FIIG, and Deutsche Bank across Equities, Credit, and FX. At UBS, Jenna worked on the equities desk in Sydney, which ranked #1 as the top Australian cash equities sales desk at the time. At Deutsche Bank, Jenna worked in foreign exchange sales, which gave her experience on trading floors in London, New York, Singapore and Hong Kong. Jenna graduated from the University of Sydney with a combined Commerce/Law degree and a major in Accounting. During her studies, Jenna completed a semester at the University of California.
Jenna currently sits on the Finance sub-committee of the Good Sams Foundation.
Peter began in the financial markets at BGC Fixed Income in 2017, progressing to the trading desk and origination team. Before that, Peter was a graduate lawyer working in commercial and criminal law in Sydney. Peter has considerable experience in client facing roles which allows him to understand and exceed client objectives.
Peter holds a Bachelor of Economics and Bachelor of Laws (Hons) from ANU and is admitted as a lawyer in NSW. Peter is also RG146 accredited having gained a Diploma of Financial Markets (Debt Markets Specialisation) through AFMA.
Prior to joining Income Asset Management, Matthew spent eight years working as a Senior Credit Portfolio Manager at Aberdeen Standard, where he was responsible for the credit portfolio construction and security selection across a wide range of investment-grade/high-yield, financial and non-financial sectors. Reporting directly to the Head of Australian Fixed Income, he oversaw a team of four and was the team’s ESG specialist.
Matthew has executed 1, 3, and 5-year credit-strategies that have been consistently above benchmark.
Matthew began his career at KPMG working in Auditing and Assurance within the consumer and industrials group and then spent six years at Colonial First State Global Asset Management as a Fixed Income Credit Analyst.
Matthew holds a Masters of Applied Finance degree from Macquarie University and a Bachelor of Commerce degree from UNSW.
Thomas began his career in Financial Planning in 2016 and soon found his way to Fixed Income markets where he completed a graduate program with FIIG Securities in 2017. He joins the team after more recently working at Sayers Group. With a wealth of knowledge across financial markets, Thomas has developed a strong understanding of client needs and objectives and had learnt to develop outcomes that exceed client expectations.
Thomas holds a Bachelor of Business (Finance) at Queensland University of Technology. He is also RG146 accredited having completed a Diploma of Financial Markets (Advisory Stream) through AFMA.